An apprenticeship at Level 3 is a job with training. Being an apprentice means that you have a job that includes achieving recognised qualifications and essential work skills whilst you are earning a wage.
The Level 3 Diploma in Adult Care is an occupational qualification for learners who work in Adult Care Settings. The qualification is applicable to a variety of roles, where workers have key responsibilities for delivery of care and support and/or a level of supervisory responsibility for others.
This qualification is appropriate for Lead Adult Care Workers, Lead Personal Assistants, Key Workers, Domiciliary Care Workers, Senior Care Assistants and Support Workers.
A role in social care can mean you working in voluntary, local authorities, private and independent social care organisations.
Knowledge, Skills and behaviours you will develop:
- The job the lead adult care worker has to do: the main tasks and responsibilities
- The importance of having the right values and behaviours and treating
people with respect and dignity.
- The importance of communication and communicating clearly and responsibly.
- How to support individuals to remain safe from harm (Safeguarding).
- How to champion health and wellbeing for the individuals the lead adult care worker supports, and for work colleagues.
- How to work professionally, including their own professional development and of those they support and for work colleagues.
- The 6 Cs
The apprenticeship is recognition of competence and enables progression to higher levels of skills development needed to be an adult care worker.
Apprenticeship Delivery – Blended approach
Face-to-face, Skype, telephone, individual study and online learning
End Of Course Qualifications
Lead Adult Care Worker Apprenticeship:
Level 3 Diploma in Adult Care
(This is the qualification that is promoted and valued by employers)
Functional Skills Level 2 in Mathematics and English.
End Point Assessment
On achievement of your diploma and functional skills you will then complete:
- An on-line multiple choice test. The test will present you with a range of work based scenarios and questions that relate to the knowledge and skills elements of the diploma.
- A professional discussion that will be no more than 45 minutes in duration. The discussion will be based on your prior learning and experience. The professional discussion will take place either in your workplace or within a centre under controlled conditions.
The results you achieve in these assessments will determine whether you are awarded a pass, a merit or a distinction.
What You Will Learn
- The job you have to do, your main tasks and responsibilities
- The importance of having the right values and behaviors and treating people with respect and dignity
- The importance of communication and communicating clearly and responsibly
- How to support individuals to remain safe from harm (Safeguarding)
- How to promote health and wellbeing for the individuals you support and your work colleagues
- How to work professionally and seeking to develop your own professional development
- Functional Skills
- Values and behaviours
- Record and document production
- Decision making
- Interpersonal skills
- Planning and organisation
- Project management
- Personal Qualities
- Managing Performance
During your apprenticeship you will:
- Have an Individual Learning Plan that is based on your learning needs and sets targets and milestones for achievement.
- Have one to one learning and coaching from your assessor with a focus on skills, knowledge and behaviours to meet adult care worker standards and progress towards end point assessment.
- Have paid off the job learning provided by your employer; shadowing, mentoring, training
- Have 24/7 access to our bespoke e-learning resource.
- Have access to additional support from your assessor by telephone, Skype or e-mail.
Throughout the qualification your progress will be monitored to ensure you complete within the agreed timescales.
Monthly reports are provided to your employer keep them informed of your progress.
For more information Contact Us.