Apprenticeship Funding

Apprenticeships are funded by the Education Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) through approved training providers. DH Associates is a recognised provider of apprenticeships with a direct contract with the ESFA. We are able to support employers both large and small with accessing apprenticeship funding.

On 1 May 2017 the funding for apprenticeships was changed. ESFA introduced a co funding model with employers contributing to apprenticeships based on their size.

Levy Employers are those with an annual wage bill of more than £3 million. Levy paying employers access their apprenticeship funding via their online Digital Apprenticeship Service (DAS) account. We work with a large number of levy employers assisting them with setting up and accessing their accounts, analysing and planning for workforce training needs, recruiting and monitoring apprentices, monitoring levy spend.

Employers that have a wage bill of £3 million pounds or less are classed as Non-Levy paying employers. The government fund 95% of the cost of the apprenticeship, with the employer contributing the remaining 5%.

Levy payers | Fact

  • Will affect employers paying over £3 million per year in wages
  • Includes all sectors/industry
  • 5% of PAYE bill above £3 million will make up the levy bill
  • Achieved by giving everyone a £15,000 allowance (0.5% of £3 million = £15,000)
  • Funding will be kept in a Digital Account, part of the Apprenticeship Service
  • Payments taken monthly via HMRC
  • Employers will choose their own apprenticeship provider
  • An independent organisation will provide end point assessments for standards

Non-Levy payers | Facts

  • Payroll is under £3 million
  • Employer will make a 5% cash contribution after the learner has been signed up and an invoice will be sent out. Payment must be made within 21 days.

Information, Advice & Guidance

  • Are you aware of the levy and have you planned for this?
  • Do you know about the changes and the impact this will have on your organisation?
  • We are here to help you navigate through the changes
  • We can help with your training analysis to develop and progress staff needs

We offer employers a complete, end-to-end apprentice recruitment and training service. Our experience business development officers are able to provide dedicated and bespoke advice to employers. You will have a dedicated advisor to support you access funding and set up training.

For more information Contact our Business Development Team for more information on 0151 336 6900 or email team@dhassociates.co.uk. Alternatively you can visit –

https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/education-and-skills-funding-agency