The Level 2 Diploma in Care is an occupational qualification for learners who work in Adult Care Settings. The qualification is applicable to variety of roles, where workers have key responsibilities for delivery of care and support.
If you are new to Health and Social Care and/or have no formal health and social care qualification, then this qualification is ideal for you.
There are no formal entry requirements for learners but you must have the skills, potential and opportunity to gain the qualification successfully.
To complete the Level 2 Diploma you will be currently working in the adult care sector, wishing to develop your skills to progress and have the support from your employer.
The Level 2 Diploma in Care will allow you to develop your knowledge further and will support you with progression to the Level 3 Diploma in Ault Care.
The Level 2 Diploma in Care qualification covers a range of topics directly related to the knowledge and skills needed to work in health and social care, with adults.
To complete the Level 2 Diploma in Care you must achieve a minimum of 46 credits.
- The mandatory units in the diploma cover:
- Safeguarding and protection in care settings
- Responsibilities of a care worker
- Personal development in care settings
- Health, safety and wellbeing in care settings
- Communication in care settings
- Handling of information in care settings
- Duty of care in care settings
- Equality and inclusion in care settings
- Person-centred approaches in care settings
There are a wide range of optional units that will allow you to cover areas such as:
- infection prevention and control in adult care
- Supporting the administration of medication
- Communication with individuals
- Sharing knowledge and good practice
- Monitoring in social care
- Understanding disability
- Dementia Awareness
- Supporting Care Plan activities
Receive an induction that introduces you to the skills and knowledge required and to identify your learning needs.
Be regularly seen on an individual basis by an assessor to focus on delivery and planning of teaching, assessment of learning and development.
Be provided with 24/7 access to our bespoke e-learning resource.
Have access additional support from their assessor by telephone, Skype or e-mail.
Throughout the qualification your progress will be monitored to ensure you complete within the agreed timescales.
Costs & Funding
Costs are available on request for full or part qualifications. Support can be given to organisations wanting to apply for funding and payment plans are available on request. Full funding is available for this qualification through the apprenticeship programme.
For more information Contact Us.