Posted on August 18, 2020 by Tom Caldwell
I have some exciting news for you……
There is a new government training incentive which went live on 01.08.2020
You can now claim a grant for any new recruit who goes onto one of our apprenticeship programmes! ….and DHA can support you in making the claim!
The amounts per candidate are as follows:
- There will be two levels of payment based on age. For apprentices aged 16-24 the payment will be £2,000, and for apprentices aged 25 or over the payment will be £1,500. The payment will be made directly to employers in two equal instalments, where the apprentice is still in learning at day 90 and day 365.
- An incentive payment for will be made to employers who hire an apprentice between 1 August 2020 and 31 January 2021.
- The apprentice must be a new employee to the business, have a contract of employment start date between 1 August 2020 and 31 January 2021 (inclusive) and must not have been employed by the employer within the six months prior to the contract start date.
- Claims can start to be made by employers in relation to these apprentices from 1 September 2020.
- Those claims must be made through the apprenticeship service.
- There will be no limit on the number of incentive payments that an employer can claim for apprentices eligible to receive funding, provided each apprentice meets the criteria, including being a new employee.
Please contact the business development team – Jules Westbrook on 07580 864463 and Michelle Cannon on 07580 864966